- For discussion of Transcendentalism, join the Transcendentalism Club Forum (est. 9/2010).
- Mariana Mussetta and Andrea Vartalitis, The Transcendentalist Experience of Beauty in
"The Artist of the Beautiful."
- Excerpts from Diane Yoder's thesis on "Satisfying the Head as Well as the Heart: James Marsh, Samuel Taylor Coleridge and the American Transcendentalist Movement", 2009
- Transcendentalist Principles from Emerson, Thoreau and Whitman in the film, "The Dead Poets Society" by Allan Sugg
- Review of Excursions, edited by Jeffrey S. Cramer.
- "Man Thinking About Nature: The Evolution of the Poet's Form and Function in the Journal of Henry David Thoreau 1837-1852," by S. H. Bagley
- "Transcendence: the Yin and Yang of Emerson and Goethe" by Sheri Gietzen.
- The Transcendentalists by Barbara Packer.
- Review of A Journey into the Transcendentalists' New England by R. Todd Felton.
This interlinked hypertext was first created in Spring 1999 by Virginia Commonwealth University graduate students studying in Professor Ann Woodlief's class in Studies in American Transcendentalism. It is a work in progress, and submissions of papers, texts and notes on them, and links are welcomed; full credit will be given to papers selected for the site. Professor Woodlief [now emeritus] may also be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org by people interested in doing serious independent study of these writers.
[Article on the site in the Chronicle of Higher Education, Nov. 6, 2002]
Well worth exploring. You could write a whole term paper just using this site and its links.